Friday, January 18, 2008

No One Will Ever Know...

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 40 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own

1. "Speeding into the horizon, dreaming of the siren, wishing for her broken glass on the highway."

2. "We were strangers starting out on a journey, never dreaming what we'd have to go through." - At the Beginning by Donna Lewis

3. "St. Jimmy's comin' down across the alleyway." - St. Jimmy by Greenday

4. "The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers a wonderful thing!" - The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers by Jim Cummings

5. "She walks to school with the lunch she packed." - Concrete Angel by Martina McBride

6. "Watch her as she flew deep within the blue."

7. "There ain't no dream that don't have the chance to come true now, it just takes a little faith baby."

8. "I open my eyes and I see your face."

9. "I can read your mind and I know your story."

10. "As I rest against this cold, hard wall oh will you pass me by?"

11. "Splish splash I was takin' a bath long about a Saturday night!" - Splish Splash (Sesame Version)

12. "Little town, it's a quiet village." - Belle from Beauty and the Beast

13. "This is the moment, this is the day, when I send all my doubts and demons on their way." - This is the Moment from Jekyll & Hyde

14. "I am watching the rise and fall of my salvation." - Make Me Bad by Korn

15. "I took her out." - What's My Age Again? by Blink182

16. "An old man turned 98, he won the lottery and died the next day." - Ironic by Alanis

17. "You are the one that keeps your dream alive, and you are the one who feels the rhythm deep inside."

18. "She turns around and she meets his gaze, the lights are dim, there's a smokey haze." - Someday from The Wedding Singer

19. "She's a good girl, loves her mama, loves Jesus, and America too."
- Free Fallin' by Tom Petty

20. "Something's up with Jack!" - Jack's Obsession from The Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack

21. "Catch me as I fall."

22. "When I was a child the stories would say, 'Somebody will sweep you off your feet some day.'"

23. "I was gonna clean my room until I got high."
- Because I Got High by Afroman

24. "Ma-ia-hii."
- Numa Numa Iei by O-Zone

25. "Right now you are down and out and feelin' really crappy." - Shadenfreude from Avenue Q

26. "I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world."
- Barbie Girl by Aqua

27. "Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws?" - Kidnap the Sandy Claws from The Nightmare Before Christmas

28. "I'm tired of injustice, I'm tired of the schemes."

29. "Now I'm the king of the swingers, oh the jungle VIP." - I Wanna Be Like You from The Jungle Book

30. "Starting from here, let's make a promise: You and me, let's just be honest." - Not Gonna Get Us by t.A.T.u.

31. "I hope you never lose your sense of wonder." - I Hope You Dance by LeAnne Womack

32. "Ooo baby do you know what that's worth?" - Heaven is a Place on Earth by Tiffiny

33. "Every finger in the room is pointing at me."

34. Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know that something wasn't right?" - ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears

35. "And so it is just like you said it would be." - The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice

36. "I would like to reach out my hand."
- Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root

37. "Off in the distance there's a beautiful horizon."
- Look At The Sky from Urinetown

38. "No more walking up six flights of stairs or throwing down the key because there is no buzzer." - No More from Tick Tick Boom

39. "Missy be puttin' it down, I'm the hottest 'round."

40. "Remember when we never needed each other?"

*Twinkle Out*

14 Comments:

Blogger kw said...

3. Obviously "St. Jimmy" - green day
16. "ironic" - alanis morisette
19. "free falling" - tom petty and the heartbreakers
23. "cuz i got high" - afroman
24. "numa numa" - ozone
26. "barbie girl" aqua
34. "hit me baby one more time" - britney spears
36. "send me on my way" - rusted root
37 i'm not even bothering with

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

2. "At the beginning" - donna lewis (one of my very first faves lol)
13. "This is the moment" - Jekyll & Hyde
18. "Someday" - The Wedding Singer
31. "I Hope You Dance" - Lee Ann Womack

8:57 AM  
Blogger Stylings of a Selective Amnesiac said...

4. "The Tigger Song!" - um... Tigger?
12. (dances excitedly) Beauty and the Beast! Fuck! what's it called!! isn't it called 'Belle'?
14. "Make Me Bad" - Korn
15. "What's My Age Again?" - Blink 182 (i feel old)
25. "Schadenfreude" - Avenue Q
27. "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" - Nightmare Before Christmas
29. "I Want to Be Like You" - Jungle Book
38. "No More" - tick, tick... BOOM!

.. i'm very soundtracky...old, and soundtracky

11:16 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

11. Splish Splash--THE Bobby Darin
20. Something's Up With Jack--Nightmare Before Christmas

plus a lot people got to before me, but those are the breaks :-p

12:39 AM  
Blogger Val said...

Doug I hate to say it, but number 11 is the right song, but on MY iPod it's sung but someone else.(Hint: check your link on my blog to yours...)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Val said...

Amy you're right about the movie, but not the title ;-) Think about the rest of the lyrics...

12:53 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Really? Telly?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Laying Under Stars said...

5. Concrete Angel by Martina McBride


yeah conutry!! and knowning at one!

11:22 PM  
Blogger K-Laz said...

35. The Blowers Daughter- Damien Rice

2:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

17 is that song by that chick from Center Stage. Detailed, I know.

"We're Dancing" maybe? PYT? All I know is that it's in that movie.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Right soundtrack Sara, but wrong song.

4:29 PM  
Blogger kw said...

30. TaTu - not gonna get us

6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

32. Heaven is a Place on Earth - Belinda Carlisle

:)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home