"...It's your cute little friend, so pick up your cell!"
A lot of things have been getting me down lately. Things I've been worried about, things that have been said, actions that have gone terribly wrong. It's a very stressful time. Then again, graduation tends to be like that...even if you're not the one graduating.
Upon returning home, I'm glad to admit that things are starting to look up. I don't have to worry about getting registered for math at Bucks over the summer because it's all done now. What's even better is the fact that the professor is AMAZING and sweet enough to set up a special situation for me: she's letting me take both Calc 1 and Calc 2 this summer. Calc 1 was offered in either the first or second summer course sessions, but Calc 2 was only offered in the first summer course session. Since Calc 1 is a prerequisite for Calc 2, it was impossible to get both done this summer. However, the professor set it up so that as soon as I'm done with Calc 1 I can move on to Calc 2. Ok, so it's not going to be a fun summer, but I'm gonna have two courses done in one summer and not have to worry about catching myself up for my major! Next step? Passing...
Other than that, I picked my sister up from dance today. I know the girls I danced with didn't give a crap about me because they went to a different school and, let's just say...we're from different worlds. What I learned tonight though is that the younger girls looked up to me just as much as they did the other older girls. I got big hugs from some of the younger girls I used to compete with and look after. It was really touching. It's hard going to a new dance studio for only two years because you have no time to really establish yourself within a family that has grown up together. Therefore, tonight made me realize I did have an impact and I did leave my mark. And it was in the hearts of the future generation of Wendy's dancers. To tell you the truth, my generation of Wendy's dancers can kiss my non-existent left nut because my comfort and confidence is in their successors.
What else has been on my mind lately? Sesame. HA...next.
Had a lot of heart to hearts on Sunday. So many things to think about that I don't even know where to begin. I'd like to say I made up my mind because, well...ok I have, but that's a whole other story. Anyway, I have to admit that my first excursion to Pat's was a memorable one. Spending some quality time with Auntie and Sister made a big difference in everything and I'd probably still be stupid without them. I also would have never finished my cheese steak without Auntie Meg. Oh, and I ordered my first Pat's steak correctly. WOOT! And the guy at the cash register got as big of a kick out of it as I did:
Cashier: "What would you like sweetie?"
Me: "One Whiz witout please."
Cashier: "You got it."
Me: (turned to Meg) "I did it!"
Cashier: (mimicking my voice) "You did it!"
Speaking of Megan, she lent me a Kurt Vonnegut book entitled "Breakfast of Champions". It is excellent! Not only am I at the part in the story where the character is searching for a story he wrote to be published in a risque magazine, but here's the character's storyline:
"Here was the plot: A flying saucer creature named Zog arrived on Earth to explain how wars could be prevented and cancer could be cured. He brought information from Margo, a planet where the natives conversed by means of farting and tap dancing."
Wait, it gets better...
"Zog landed at night in Connecticut. He had no sooner touched down than he saw a house on fire. He rushed into the house, farting and tap dancing, warning the people about the terrible danger they were in. The head of the house brained Zog with a golfclub."
I could speak half of Zog's native language! And no, it's not the farting half...
Other than that, the only thing that has cheered me up was my nice phone conversation with John. He wanted to hang out tonight, but I didn't get his facebook message suggesting we do so until 10:45. But he called me anyway and we chatted for quite some time. It's so awesome when you can just talk to someone on the phone about anything and everything. I'm a chatty person, so things like this make my night!
So what does my tomorrow look like? Well, there's unpacking to be done and a trip to the bank to me made. Already filled up my tank so I'm ready and raring to go places. Where's the first stop I make after the bank? Barnes and Noble because I'm just that cool! All of this followed up by chilling with John later on tomorrow night.
It's good to be home (for now)!
LaTeR
Upon returning home, I'm glad to admit that things are starting to look up. I don't have to worry about getting registered for math at Bucks over the summer because it's all done now. What's even better is the fact that the professor is AMAZING and sweet enough to set up a special situation for me: she's letting me take both Calc 1 and Calc 2 this summer. Calc 1 was offered in either the first or second summer course sessions, but Calc 2 was only offered in the first summer course session. Since Calc 1 is a prerequisite for Calc 2, it was impossible to get both done this summer. However, the professor set it up so that as soon as I'm done with Calc 1 I can move on to Calc 2. Ok, so it's not going to be a fun summer, but I'm gonna have two courses done in one summer and not have to worry about catching myself up for my major! Next step? Passing...
Other than that, I picked my sister up from dance today. I know the girls I danced with didn't give a crap about me because they went to a different school and, let's just say...we're from different worlds. What I learned tonight though is that the younger girls looked up to me just as much as they did the other older girls. I got big hugs from some of the younger girls I used to compete with and look after. It was really touching. It's hard going to a new dance studio for only two years because you have no time to really establish yourself within a family that has grown up together. Therefore, tonight made me realize I did have an impact and I did leave my mark. And it was in the hearts of the future generation of Wendy's dancers. To tell you the truth, my generation of Wendy's dancers can kiss my non-existent left nut because my comfort and confidence is in their successors.
What else has been on my mind lately? Sesame. HA...next.
Had a lot of heart to hearts on Sunday. So many things to think about that I don't even know where to begin. I'd like to say I made up my mind because, well...ok I have, but that's a whole other story. Anyway, I have to admit that my first excursion to Pat's was a memorable one. Spending some quality time with Auntie and Sister made a big difference in everything and I'd probably still be stupid without them. I also would have never finished my cheese steak without Auntie Meg. Oh, and I ordered my first Pat's steak correctly. WOOT! And the guy at the cash register got as big of a kick out of it as I did:
Cashier: "What would you like sweetie?"
Me: "One Whiz witout please."
Cashier: "You got it."
Me: (turned to Meg) "I did it!"
Cashier: (mimicking my voice) "You did it!"
Speaking of Megan, she lent me a Kurt Vonnegut book entitled "Breakfast of Champions". It is excellent! Not only am I at the part in the story where the character is searching for a story he wrote to be published in a risque magazine, but here's the character's storyline:
"Here was the plot: A flying saucer creature named Zog arrived on Earth to explain how wars could be prevented and cancer could be cured. He brought information from Margo, a planet where the natives conversed by means of farting and tap dancing."
Wait, it gets better...
"Zog landed at night in Connecticut. He had no sooner touched down than he saw a house on fire. He rushed into the house, farting and tap dancing, warning the people about the terrible danger they were in. The head of the house brained Zog with a golfclub."
I could speak half of Zog's native language! And no, it's not the farting half...
Other than that, the only thing that has cheered me up was my nice phone conversation with John. He wanted to hang out tonight, but I didn't get his facebook message suggesting we do so until 10:45. But he called me anyway and we chatted for quite some time. It's so awesome when you can just talk to someone on the phone about anything and everything. I'm a chatty person, so things like this make my night!
So what does my tomorrow look like? Well, there's unpacking to be done and a trip to the bank to me made. Already filled up my tank so I'm ready and raring to go places. Where's the first stop I make after the bank? Barnes and Noble because I'm just that cool! All of this followed up by chilling with John later on tomorrow night.
It's good to be home (for now)!
LaTeR

2 Comments:
wow. i was mentioned a lot in that entry. i forgot about that story in 'breakfast of the champions', but i do recall that when i read it the first time, i thought of you. the farting half.
<3, your apparently pretty smart auntie megan
hahaha when i think of that story, i think of kristen not being able to mention it with a straight face. us honors kids are soooo mature lol.
and val, i'm glad me and meg were there to tell you what you needed to hear. i'm here for you, as always, if you need me.
<3
The Gigantic Sister
Post a Comment
<< Home