Tuesday, January 29, 2008

+/-


Alrighty, I've given you all enough time to figure out my song list. Now for those of you who care, here are the answers:

1. The Wreckage by Vanessa Carlton
6. Annie by Vanessa Carlton
7. Love Can Move Mountains by Celine Dion
8. Yes I Will by the Backstreet Boys
9. That's The Way It Is by Celine Dion
10. Strong Enough by Stacie Orrico
17. Don't Get Lost in the Crowd by Ashley Ballard
21. Whisper by Evanescence
22. A Girl Can Dream from the Centerstage Soundtrack
28. Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson
33. Crucify by Tori Amos
39. Get Your Freak On by Missy Elliot
40. How Did I Fall In Love With You? by The Backstreet Boys

Life has been life I guess. It's got its ups and downs. Sometimes you think you're on top of your game, and then in one second you're scraping the bottom and have no idea why. So here I am just as confused and contemplative as always. I have a feeling I am meant to be in this state for the remainder of this year. I just can't seem to get out of it no matter what I do. And even when I do get out of it, something always happens to put me right back where I started with either a more positive outlook or more negative outlook than where I began originally. I guess I'm just stuck on the negative side as of right now.

On a more positive note, there are a few things that are going well:

1. Chemistry in Motion - My and Pam's honors project is going so well! I can't believe we have two numbers taped already. Everything is coming together so well and everyone involved is making me so proud. I swear, knowing that I have this project to look forward to on the weekends is what gets me through my week.

2. Mavericks - COME AUDITION TONIGHT. Yes, you! No really, this isn't a joke. Mavericks is going to be fun no matter what. I just feel like tonight is either going to go really well or terribly wrong. I don't know why, but that's how I feel. Maybe I'm just nervous. Speaking of Mavericks, I really need to put together some audition packets soon...

3. Celebrate La Salle - Jess is coming up Thursday night to practice for that. We're tapping. That's basically all the details we've hammered out so far. I can't wait! I've been dying to do some tapping for a while now. I know Pam and I just finished our tap routine and were frustrated with tapping by the end, but I just want to let go and hoof like I did back in...heck, 2004. It's the kind of style that made me addicted to tap and it's the kind of style that Jess has had the privilege of practicing at Bucks County Dance Center with my old tap teacher from Turning Pointe. I miss that style of tap so bad. I've had to squander it away for two years while I was at Wendy's, but I shall squander it no longer!

4. DVD's - Anyone paid for Masque DVD's and have not received them yet? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? I have this adorable folder all set and ready to do all kinds of Masque DVD orders, but I can't yet until everyone who's paid for a DVD and doesn't have it has received theirs. So I'm still waiting...

5. Sesame - I keep forgetting to schedule a sign on interview/drug test/Cornerstone meeting with HR. DAMNIT! I really need to remember to do that no matter how bad I don't want to go home. This summer is going to be a little different than the previous years. If it wasn't weird enough having almost all of your friends as supervisors while you were still a dancer, how about when all your friends are...gone. Almost all of my friends are growing up and getting real jobs this summer. It kinda sucks to be the one left behind. I mean, there are some people there I still value, but the size of our Crew is dropping from roughly 25 of us to about 7, if that. That's a big change. Those are a lot of faces I'm going to miss seeing because they either won't be working at Sesame all summer (and we will be) or they'll be on tour. I guess that's the price I have to pay for being one of the youngest in the crowd. I never realized that all of my friends from Sesame who I hang out with all summer are all around the ages of 23-26 and then there's me. Why the age difference? I have no idea. I don't seem like "the baby" and they forget most of the time that I'm not 24. It's not like they go off to bars without me or anything, it's just that I never stopped to think that they'd be moving off The Street in search of real jobs soon and I wouldn't be. Oh well.

Well that's about all I have time for, folks!

*Twinkle Out*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home