Let's Shake On It
I have my first legitimate bet going on with my parents this summer. The events in question must occur by the end of the summer, or they lose. The only downside is that they refused to name a price for the victor. They agreed to the angle of me having to fork over everything I earned from Sesame this summer if I lose, but they wouldn't agree to matching half of what I make over the summer if I win. Therefore, the only "prize" I'd get from winning this bet would be something even better and more important to me than money: my parents getting a reality check.
I'm sure other people have gone through the whole "my parents are treating me like a kid on purpose" thing either when they were high school freshmen or college freshmen. Well, I'm neither anymore and I'm kind of sick of being treated as such. It's so much worse now that Jessica is living in the house again (no offense Jess) because I'm no longer the eldest fledgling in the nest. Nevertheless, I'm sick and tired of my parents pegging this stigma on me that I'm completely and utterly oblivious. Mind you, not oblivious as in the typical teenager "world around you" scenario, more like oblivious to "social interpretations" as they liked to call it. My vote is that things are different now then they were when my parents were teens. Call me close-minded, but I know I'm right on this one.
I whole-heatedly admit I'm not always right. As a matter of fact, I'm seldom right on many occasions, but this is one thing I'm positive on. At least I have Chris backing me up on it. I've yet to talk to Amy (which I plan to do once she returns from the beach).
I know this is really not a big deal at all, it's just that my parents are constantly hounding me about it. The incessant teasing is starting to drive me up a wall! So here I am, vaguely explaining my week's irritation to all of you. Oh and by the way, anyone who wants the specifics on what the heck is going on, feel free to call or IM me about it. It's just not something I want to post on here because if read incorrectly, it could cause some serious misinterpretations. Wouldn't want to start any Masque rumors (and by Masque rumors I mean the only people who read this thing and would have the slightest idea of what I'm babbling about are M.o.M.s).
On a side note, I'm really glad that the weather is staying below 90 this week. I really need that. To shorten the amount of boring complaining in this blog entry, let's just say it's going to be a rough week (physically) for me. Goody-goody-gum-drops!
*Twinkle Out*
I'm sure other people have gone through the whole "my parents are treating me like a kid on purpose" thing either when they were high school freshmen or college freshmen. Well, I'm neither anymore and I'm kind of sick of being treated as such. It's so much worse now that Jessica is living in the house again (no offense Jess) because I'm no longer the eldest fledgling in the nest. Nevertheless, I'm sick and tired of my parents pegging this stigma on me that I'm completely and utterly oblivious. Mind you, not oblivious as in the typical teenager "world around you" scenario, more like oblivious to "social interpretations" as they liked to call it. My vote is that things are different now then they were when my parents were teens. Call me close-minded, but I know I'm right on this one.
I whole-heatedly admit I'm not always right. As a matter of fact, I'm seldom right on many occasions, but this is one thing I'm positive on. At least I have Chris backing me up on it. I've yet to talk to Amy (which I plan to do once she returns from the beach).
I know this is really not a big deal at all, it's just that my parents are constantly hounding me about it. The incessant teasing is starting to drive me up a wall! So here I am, vaguely explaining my week's irritation to all of you. Oh and by the way, anyone who wants the specifics on what the heck is going on, feel free to call or IM me about it. It's just not something I want to post on here because if read incorrectly, it could cause some serious misinterpretations. Wouldn't want to start any Masque rumors (and by Masque rumors I mean the only people who read this thing and would have the slightest idea of what I'm babbling about are M.o.M.s).
On a side note, I'm really glad that the weather is staying below 90 this week. I really need that. To shorten the amount of boring complaining in this blog entry, let's just say it's going to be a rough week (physically) for me. Goody-goody-gum-drops!
*Twinkle Out*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home