Thursday, January 31, 2008

"On the inside
I keep to myself.
On the outside
Got a poker face from hell.
Well, I haven't cried for a long, long time
And I must admit it scares me.
Did I finally learn
How to deal with you?
Or did I shut down permanently?
And maybe it was just in my head
And everything that I left unsaid
Was a strange assumption
I could have sworn was true,
'Cause I thought you knew.
If an action doesn't scream a thousand words
Your reaction is to die a thousand deaths
And I drive and drive
With my side-view eye,
But I guess it just got lazy.
We were so much closer than we appeared,
Or maybe I was crazy,
But I know I'm gonna lose control
And I might beg you to save my soul
From my own reflection
I never could see through,
'Cause I thought you knew.
I thought you knew."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home