Trying New Things
Apparently, going to bed early isn't one of them! Although, I do see it proving beneficial at some point.
Anyhoo, Mom and Dad came home from a vacation in St. Kitts. They highly suggest that when I graduate, I move there. Why? Well, here's the map:
That tan area that circles the island and peaks down to the peninsula is the one and only road. THERE IS NO GETTING LOST! Oh, I'd find a way...
As far as the new things go: Mommy bought me a necklace and I'm absolutely in love with it! Good luck ever spotting me without it from now on.
Mommy also brought me back a shot glass. I get my realistic outlook on life from my mother. Aside from that, I now own a shot glass and no longer need to borrow Megan's. Yay!
My last first of the day (yes...the oxymoron is intended) is the fact that Jess is attempting to set me up with a guy she works with. This should be interesting. Ya know, besides the fact that I look, feel, and sound like death right now thanks to a cold, this guy likes "pretty girls"; therefore, I'm already off to a bad start in his book, and he's already off to a bad start in mine. Also, this is a younger guy (College freshie...okay, so not much younger, but still not what I was looking for). Screw his age! This is a guy I don't know. And what has happened to the last relationships I went into without being close friends with the guy for at least 5 months? Oh yeah, they were the worst ones of my life. Why? Because I have an uncanny knack for attracting assholes (not saying that all of my boyfriends were assholes...feel better now, Doug?) Meh. Jess took the liberty of telling him to facebook stalk me, so I guess I have to at least meet the kid. Hmm, maybe if I'm lucky the fact that all my recent facebook pictures are of my "Hubby", "Baby", "Nieces", "Nephew", and assorted "Sweaty/Old Money/Mob Families", will scare him away. It is kinda creepy if you look at it from the outside: "Why yes, I am married and have a son who is a year younger than I am. What of it? I mean, Mike and I were such close cousins that we thought it was be a good idea to--" YEAH. Awkward. Or ya know, he could stumble upon the pictures of me in my Elmo or Abby costume and think I have some effed up identity crisis. Yup, I see this whole facebook thing going well...
So what do you think? Do I owe it to myself to be optimistic yet again? Should I get the balls to walk into good old Best Buy and at least introduce myself and maybe, just maybe, be surprised? I've been meaning to grab a copy of 1408 and Best Buy just got it in stock.
And now I'll leave you with an awesomely choreographed music video that Jess introduced me to:
*Twinkle Out*
Anyhoo, Mom and Dad came home from a vacation in St. Kitts. They highly suggest that when I graduate, I move there. Why? Well, here's the map:
That tan area that circles the island and peaks down to the peninsula is the one and only road. THERE IS NO GETTING LOST! Oh, I'd find a way...As far as the new things go: Mommy bought me a necklace and I'm absolutely in love with it! Good luck ever spotting me without it from now on.
Mommy also brought me back a shot glass. I get my realistic outlook on life from my mother. Aside from that, I now own a shot glass and no longer need to borrow Megan's. Yay!
My last first of the day (yes...the oxymoron is intended) is the fact that Jess is attempting to set me up with a guy she works with. This should be interesting. Ya know, besides the fact that I look, feel, and sound like death right now thanks to a cold, this guy likes "pretty girls"; therefore, I'm already off to a bad start in his book, and he's already off to a bad start in mine. Also, this is a younger guy (College freshie...okay, so not much younger, but still not what I was looking for). Screw his age! This is a guy I don't know. And what has happened to the last relationships I went into without being close friends with the guy for at least 5 months? Oh yeah, they were the worst ones of my life. Why? Because I have an uncanny knack for attracting assholes (not saying that all of my boyfriends were assholes...feel better now, Doug?) Meh. Jess took the liberty of telling him to facebook stalk me, so I guess I have to at least meet the kid. Hmm, maybe if I'm lucky the fact that all my recent facebook pictures are of my "Hubby", "Baby", "Nieces", "Nephew", and assorted "Sweaty/Old Money/Mob Families", will scare him away. It is kinda creepy if you look at it from the outside: "Why yes, I am married and have a son who is a year younger than I am. What of it? I mean, Mike and I were such close cousins that we thought it was be a good idea to--" YEAH. Awkward. Or ya know, he could stumble upon the pictures of me in my Elmo or Abby costume and think I have some effed up identity crisis. Yup, I see this whole facebook thing going well...
So what do you think? Do I owe it to myself to be optimistic yet again? Should I get the balls to walk into good old Best Buy and at least introduce myself and maybe, just maybe, be surprised? I've been meaning to grab a copy of 1408 and Best Buy just got it in stock.
And now I'll leave you with an awesomely choreographed music video that Jess introduced me to:
*Twinkle Out*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home