Sunday, December 17, 2006

Restless Ramblings

It's late at night (eh, technically early in the morning) and I just can't bring myself to go to bed. I wish I had something meaningful to write in here, but I don't. I do have a weird story to tell. I say "weird" because it's left up to interpretation whether you'd like to call it funny or frustrating. I guess it's a nice mixture of both. Funny + Frustrating = Weird. Yeah, that's about right. Anyhoo, here it is:

I went to the mall tonight to buy a black skirt. You know, something a little longer than the hoochie skirts that are out in the summer time, but not quite Amish grandmother length either. It's common. A dressy staple almost every girl on the face of the planet owns. With that in mind, you would think this would be an easy task. Hellllllllllllllll no.

After searching Boscov's, Forever 21, JCPenny's, Macy's, A&E, Aeropostale, Wet Seal, Charlotte Russe, Gap, Express, and New York & Company, I remained unsuccessful. What baffled me wasn't the fact that I couldn't find a black skirt that fit, it was the fact that I couldn't find a skirt. Most of these stores (a few solely women's apparel) did not carry skirts. Not one! Those that did carry skirts had maybe one or two. I thought to myself, Did I completely miss some major feminist movement during finals week? No, I see dresses. Just no skirts... It was surreal. I mean, I'm not extremely fashion savvy, but don't ladies still wear skirts?!? Now, had I wanted a nice pair of dress slacks then I would have had my run of the whole damn mall!

Low and behold I was glad I could count on Deb. Not my favorite store in the mall, but it's served me well in the past. Thankfully, I came out with what I wanted and my buddy Bryan wants to take me back out tomorrow to look for a top to complete the outfit. Sometimes I think I'm the life-size Barbie doll Bryan's always wanted (and yes I know I'm not much taller than a real life-size Barbie doll). Wish me luck! I may go back to the mall tomorrow and there won't be anymore tops...

As pointless as it was, that is my story. It wasn't really that big of a deal, but I found it puzzling. As I stated earlier, I wish I had something important to talk about. Well I do, but I have a feeling it's just all in my head. This is why I like to keep myself busy. I don't like the things I come up with when I have time to sit down and think. I usually end one of those thinking nights trying to ignore myself and sometimes it doesn't work.

C'est la vie.

LaTeR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home